Hey you beautiful people, Ive missed you! Sorry for the long break, I have been busy trying to get my shit together. Which basically meant I wrote a lot of lists and occasionally completed them.
So what has happened in the last two months. Well the snow has melted and Summer is fully on its way. This means however I am not tripping over snow mounds and gliding along ice risking my life. Invermere is coming to life, restaurants are opening, flowers are blooming and Lake Windermere has thawed and is just stunning.
The scarf/coats/boots/jeans have all been ditched for, well nothing, as this was when I realised I did not pack for Summer. Improvising is certainly one thing I am getting good at for sure! (I did pack my Boots SPF30 sunscreen though, priorities)
One major change is that I have moved out of Staff accommodation! Woooooo! I have moved into a lovely little apartment where I do not have to share my bedroom, and somewhere I can call home. I have a little balcony and this is where I am sitting right now writing this in the sunshine.
One unexpected pleasure I have had so far of living in this apartment is my roommate. He is my friend/boss from work who needed a place to crash for a month or so. The only way I can sum up living with Aaron is “why were you not my roommate sooner”
Living with this guy, he has helped me with just some of the following:
- After me moaning that the bathroom door doesnt lock, he showed me the weird Canandian way of pushing the handle in actually locks the door.
- The houseplant I inherited was in fact real, not fake and that I had to water it
- How to lock the front door without using your keys…
- Marmite on toast topped with avocado is the most heavenly food combination ever.
- He cleansed my room with white sage and I have had nothing but good nights sleep ever since. I had been struggling with my sleep when I moved in.
Aaron also got my ass to the gym and taught me how to do squats without falling backwards. Suprisingly, I struggle with my balance and topple over. NOT ANYMORE YO!
Now he has to leave and move onto greater things, (something he most certainly deserves) and even though I am so happy for him, I am wondering how I am going to cope without him as you see he clearly saves me from myself. He has said he will phone to check in to make sure I have not set the flat on fire and made sure I watered the plants.
A planned pleasure of me moving into this apartment, is that my friend Hayley would be moving in to the apartment next door. When you live oceans away from everything and everyone you know, the friends you make here, become people you never want to let go. So as you can imagine I was super excited about being neighbours.
However, I would like to clarify one thing here. Hayley and I actually do not get on. If you were to listen to us, you would think we were about to start face slapping each other In fact, many of the Canadians we work with often step in between us telling us to calm down and take 5. And because she and I are both dickheads, we make sure our arguing increases x100 when we around other collegues. I think they are getting used to it now…
Just some of the Pros of being neighbours:
- I have a second wardrobe at my disposable and vice versa. Except my wardrobe is not ‘booby’ enough and ‘I need to sort that out’
- Rough evening at work, both come home, change into pyjamas, have a drink and discuss that work really was not that bad
- We both kick each to get out the house and do something. Which normally just involves drinking or eating.
The odd Con:
- We are so used to being neighbours we do not even knock when we come round. Except you can be changing at that time when she decides to walk in.
- She is not allowed to go on holiday without leaving her keys anymore. I steal the WiFi and I could not reset it for a week. Most inconsiderate.
So I know I have not included any clumsy stories in this post, so heres a picture of me giving up on life after falling over for the sixth time when walking across Lake Louise back in April. Till next time guys!
Click to follow me
Make sure you sign up to follow my blog, I love to see your comments!
Give my recent posts a read too! –
I Went Skating and Snowshoeing